November 1, 2008

Warning: Swirling Glow Stick May Cause You Bodily Harm

We all know where this is headed... correct? I don't have a scary Halloween story, but I did do something stupid last night. This is where I bang my head against the wall before telling the story. Now keep in mind, no one else was harmed and I did learn my lesson- IMMENSELY!!

I was laying in bed and had just finished eating some pizza. Just thinking about that pizza makes me drool now.... Oh, sorry. *Ahem* Anyways, I saw that there was a glow stick hanging on the backboard of my bed. What do I do? Grab the darn glow stick. I can't seem to stay away from anything that glows!

So, I start twirling it around my fingers from the cord that it's on. This is a bad idea- especially since the lights were off. Horror movies are just scarier that way. Apparently, when you're into a movie, anything and everything is oblivious to you. As i'm swirling this glow stick, I knew it would be only moments before it would hit something... like a WALL! I just never thought it would hit me. Well, it did. It ended up swerving off course and smacking me in the forehead.

It stung. I cursed. I think I even threw the remote off of the bed. I will never swirl something on a string ever again. Next time, if I want to swirl something, i'm gonna pad myself and make sure it's not plastic.

The moral of this story: Wrap yourself in bubble wrap before handling glow sticks on a string!

0 comments:

 
Blogger design by suckmylolly.com