December 20, 2008

Well I Was In The Dark!

And so was most of Waco! I guess around, oh say 6 p.m, the lights in the house all wen off at the same time as Mom was plugging in the outside Christmas lights.

Mom: Great, I think we blew a fuse.

Me: So did I.

Mom: Wait! The whole street is out!

Me: What?! (At this point, I get up to look outside.) Holy mackerel!

I got up, went to the bedroom because Manders was hollerin’ for us and we needed a candle. I couldn’t even see an INCH front of my face! It’s like being in a dark cave with no lights. Scary thought. Luckily I didn’t bump into anything… that is, except the hallway door frame.

We all went outside (and our psycho dog as well) and waited for the lights to come back on. We kept hearing sirens and noises like the military was down the street!

About an hour (maybe an hour and 1/2) later, the lights come back on and I get online to see if any of the local news websites talked about why on a Friday night, Waco was in the dark. Are you ready for this? Brace yourself!

M.C., the manager of Rudy’s Country Store & Bar B-Q (great food by the way!) saw something explode at a substation near the restaurant.

from http://www.kwtx.com/home/headlines/36475514.html

It was a transformer! Several transformers actually exploded! These are major transformers that blew, causing half of Waco to be left in the dark, wondering what the heck happened!

That’s it. I’m investing in a back-up generator, flash lights, and vodka.


UP-TO-DATE LINKS:

http://www. wacotrib. com/news/content/news/stories/2008/12/20/12202008waccops. html

http://www.kxxv.com/global/story.asp?s=9558071


0 comments:

 
Blogger design by suckmylolly.com